Corona Del Mar AC Experts
As a company that does both HVAC Installs and Air Conditioner Repair in Corona Del Mar we know that the decision or necessity to replace your current HVAC unit is a major one. There are many reasons for this, but in most cases the reason is that the unit has reached its service life. Everything mechanical, even when well-maintained, will eventually need to be replaced.
But many things change over time, particularly when it comes to technology. So what we want you to know is what options are available to you that you may not be aware of.
AC Units You Can Trust
There are three basic types of air conditioning systems, but most people will have only two to choose from. We will see that reason shortly.
The three basic types are:
- Heat Pumps – Which are the one type that most people will not be able to consider because if the temperature in your area gets below freezing, you will have purchased a unit not designed for your area.
- Package Units – This is more often seen when people have smaller homes because everything is contained in a single unit.
- Split Systems – When driving around residential neighborhoods, this is the type of HVAC unit you will most often see.
As you can see, the type of system you can select is primarily based on where you live. There are a variety of models and brands available for each of these three basic types of HVAC systems, but what it looks like and how it connects to your home vary significantly.
How To Choose A New Cooling System
While many people focus only on the cost of a new system, there are many underlying factors that you should consider other than the initial cost of the system. Money does not always have to limit your choice of system.
- Energy Efficiency – A new unit that is less energy efficient will cost you more in heating and cooling bills than if you spend more and get a high efficiency Energy Star system.
- Choosing a unit that is too big for the square foot area of your home may seem like a good idea, but it will likely reduce the overall service life of your new unit.
- When you take the step to finance your new HVAC system, look for dealer’s discounts and savings that may be able to get the final price down very close to what you planned on at the beginning.
We’re AC Repair Specialists
Calling Complete Comfort and talking with an HVAC professional is the fastest and easiest way to get the best information on a new HVAC system. Whether it is HVAC installs or air conditioner repair in Corona Del Mar we have the knowledge and experience to help you save money in the short and long term.